Need a drill for a day? A torque wrench for a weekend? Hard hat for a week? Staple guns to star bits, we can help. You need the right tools to do any job well, but not everyone has exactly what they need. Our Tool Library has over a thousand tools to share with our neighbors. We also provide professional references and DIY advice.
Our Tool Library has reopened on Saturdays from 9 to 11 am! We will expand our hours as our volunteer staff and demand increases, and we encourage anyone with a borrowed item to please return it as soon as possible.
We are working to make our space safe, and our program sustainable, and appreciate your support as we figure things out. Wearing a clean mask and sanitizing your hands are required for entry, and we will be limiting the number of people in our space at any given time.
Our Tool Library is a community-based program that will continue to provide a valuable service for all with the help of your donations and volunteer hours. You will see that we have made a few changes to the library including borrow times, borrowing fees, and a new borrower agreement.
Items can be checked out for one week at a time for a nominal fee ($1 to 10 per tool per week), with the potential for renewal, depending on demand. Our inventory is mostly available for viewing online, and we will be working to ensure it is up-to-date as we get more familiar with everything stashed in the nooks and crannies of the Tool Library.
Here’s how it works:
- The PNA Tool Library is available for PNA members. Sign up/renew online now! Current membership is required for both reserving and borrowing an item.
- Read, sign, and return our updated Borrower Agreement and Liability Waiver.
- Items can be checked out for one week at a time for a nominal fee (usually $1 to 10 per tool per week), with the potential for renewal, depending on demand for specific items.
- No appointment necessary to borrow items, but you must be healthy, wear a clean mask, and sanitize your hands upon entry. We will be limiting the number of people in our cozy space.
- Donations encouraged! The amounts suggested per tool are below what you’d pay to rent commercially, are in line with the other tool libraries in Seattle, and help us keep the library up and running for our community. Bring in your donation (credit cards accepted) when you return your tool.
Donations help us keep our Tool Library running! Support the library with a gift.
We will gladly accept quality tools in good condition and in working order! Thank you for understanding we may not accept all tools – our space is limited and we already have multiples of some tools.
To donate tools, please bring them to the Tool Library during open hours only (Saturdays, 9 am to 11 am). Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity or space to accept all tools, nor the resources to dispose of them, if necessary. Thank you for your support.
Learn more and sign up here.
The location of the library is 6615 Dayton Ave N. (corner of Dayton and 66th, the east side of the Brick Building) – you can park in the driveway loading spots right outside the Tool Library, on the street on Dayton, or in the Phinney Center Lower Lot and go down the south side stairs.